Your Dream Wedding – The Wild
Make YOUR day your own, create the wedding day of your dreams.
This is YOUR day – own it!
20 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE CHOOSING YOUR VENUE
1. How many guests can it hold?
The Wild has several options depending on the size of your party.
The Hawk – Can hold up to 120 guests.
The Owl – Can hold up to 200 guests.
2. Are there different options at the venues?
3. Can we have our ceremony and reception there?
The ceremony and reception are on the same premises at both venues.
The Hawk – A on site chapel (can seat 120) is available or you may choose to have your ceremony outside.
The Owl – The ceremony is held outside (Chapel not available at this venue)
4. Will there be onsite accommodation for our guests?
The Hawk – Chalet’s are available that can accommodate up to 22 guests. This excludes the honeymoon suite. Camper trailers are also available on request which can sleep up to 4 guests per camper.
The Owl – No permanent accommodation is available on site but campers can be supplied.
5. How does the pricing structure work?
Both venues have a fixed cost for the hire. Additional services are available from our on site wedding planner, decor and catering.
You may also choose to have your decor and/or catering done by an external supplier. There is a surcharge fee attached for the use of the venues facilities.
The Hawk – The venue is booked for you from Friday 12am to Sunday 12am. The entire venue, boma, entertainment area, chalet’s and honeymoon suite are at your disposal for the entire time.
The Owl – The venue is booked for your wedding day but suppliers are welcome to access the venue 2 days prior to the wedding day.
6. Is it based on room hire, price per head, minimum spend or are there set packages?
7. Is the catering in-house or is there an approved caterers list?
8. Do we have a choice in which suppliers we can use?
9. Are there any sample menus we can look at?
10. Is there plenty of natural light or will dark conditions make it tricky for our photographer?
The Wild is situated on a game farm. Lighting can be set in each venue and area. The are ample natural surroundings for stunning photographs.
We also will assist your photographer in finding the perfect setting you desire.
Please take note that it takes time to get to the different areas so allow at least 2 hours.
11. Will we need to hire in any extra lighting?
12. Is there plenty of outdoor space?
13. Is there plenty of parking?
14. What chairs and tableware will we use?
15. How many other weddings are likely to take place on the same day/weekend as ours, if any?
16. What are the staff numbers for service on the day?
Staff required for the day are calculated based on the guest list and is included in the catering and decor estimate.
Should you make use of external suppliers they will need to supply the staff to service the guests.
17. What are our bar options and can we see a bar price list?
18. Can we supply your own beverages and will there be a corkage charge?
Own beverages are not allowed and a corkage fee will be charged.
You may however bring your own beverages when booking The Hawk for Friday afternoon and Sunday morning.
19. When can we get in and out of the venue to give access to our suppliers on the day?
20. Are there any particular restrictions such as the use of confetti or candles?
We would prefer that you use confetti like rose petals, bubbles, popcorn and not use any paper based or plastic types.
It is a game farm and the animals to venture into the areas at night to eat (the green lawn and flowers).
You may use candles but under controlled circumstances.
The Hawk is a Grass top venue with several grass top buildings. The venues are located inside the game farm with natural growth.
The growth is vulnerable to veld fires in the dry season and it requires management of open flames.